Sunday, January 6, 2008

A CAOTIC ARRIVAL

We landed in Dublin at 11.30 a.m. and staff from CES were waiting for us in the airport so, we followed him to the bus. We went to a church where the host families should come to pick up the teenagers but for my surprise some of the families didn´t come to collect them, including mine. I didn´t understand what was happening. We stayed there for a long time without eating. In addition, it was raining and in spite of being in July it was really cold. Finally, in the afternoon a new bus came and we moved to a new place this time a school on the other side of the city.


At last, all the students were with their host families, but where was mine? I didn´t know the name or a telephone number because my boss told me that CES had the address and I didn´t need to worry about it. Well, I was so tired that I didn´t mind. I began to laugh thinking of the situation and the total disorganization. Then the Alpha college director brought me to my host family house, but a new misunderstanding happened. He thought that I was an Alpha group leader and I told him that I was a Mount Temple group leader. So I couldn´t stay with this family because they lived just on the opposite side of Mount Temple and I needed 30 minutes to arrived there. While he contacted with the Mount Temple director to try to solve the problem I was waiting for in my supposed host family house. Oh my God! Incredible! the lady was drunk! another spanish leader were living there and she told me that she was a little scared because the woman seemed to be drunken all the time. The last night she fell down twice. The lady was really kind with me but I got glad when I left the house I wasn´t ready to this kind of situation.


I couldn´t believe what was happening it was like an Almodovar´s film, a little unreal and surrealist. In the end of the day I knew my host family!!!. This time the family was normal. My bedroom was small but nice and clean. I was really exhausted but happy too. The adventure was served and just with my first day there I could write a book. Don´t miss my next post this is just the beginning.

No comments: